Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 6, 2007

A Visit from My Father

A Visit from My Father..

4am in the morning, got a call from my father:"Choo ar..Papa reached bus terminal dee. (in Chinese)". Rubbing my eyes, fighting with the sleepiness, started my engine and heading towards the bus terminal. "Ar..choo ar..papa see wrong place dee..still not yet reach.." My father must be mistaken the small bridge in Butterworth as the Penang Bridge. Alamak..my father so blurr..I had to make a few turns in the midnight time before my father reached.

My father came Penang for business, I became his driver and it was a whole-day-with-father.


My Father is..
To me, my father is the greatest father in this world. He is an optimistic man, and a father who shows his unconditionally love to us from time to time. Our family is mediocre, with 6 children, we hardly live luxuriously like other families. We seldom ate out, never go to any overseas vacations even till now, but we are happy, because of the love from parents, to me, our home the best place in this world. My father had never laid a cane on me, and seldom scold me. He will talk about me everywhere he goes, he is proud of me :) I am my daddy's girl.

A day with father..
I drove him to the place his customer was. We rested at home afterwards, we even watched a movie "Shall We Dance" together. I explained the movie to him, and he told me about the stories of his ball-room dancing during his young age.

I like the line :"Just as anyone can chose to join in at a dance or stand by the wall simply to watch, the decision to seek a life of meaning, passion, and emotion is also a choice. " from this movie.

We had our dinner at the Laksa stall opposite my house, it tastes good and it is my and Xiao Wei's favorite place for Laksa.

Around 7pm, we had window shopping in Queensbay mall. We were the only pair of father and daughter in the shopping mall. This was the first time I did shopping with my father (usually with my mother), my father helped me to carry things..I just felt..very warmth. It reminds me of my father holding my hand when we crossed road when I was young.

The promise..
"Pa..I think I dun wanna study Phd.I want to work after I complete my master. Then you no need work so hard.."

It was the end of the day..
My father had to catch the 11pm bus, from the window, I waved and said bye bye..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. long time no see.
I sometimes visit this site.
But I'm sorry. I always only read.
I read Gan chan blog and I was impressed very much.
You have grown up in a wonderful family. Gan chan, you are so happy!!!!
You update to blog almost everyday recently.
It is very fun.
I will visit here again soon.

I have a question. Can I send messages in Japanese?

KellYg@n said...

お母さん、メールをもらいましたよ。メッセージを残すなんて、可笑しくないよう~がんちゃんはうれしいです。仕事が終わったら、お母さんにメールをします。

Anonymous said...

That is touching. I have shopping with parents, but most of the time, I will follow mom. But there are times where I followed dad for shopping.
I remember Dad accompany me to Japan Embassy where I had mine Interview, and also Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT), to name a few. I won't deny if the reader, thinks me as not an independent boy yet, because this is how my dad express his love to us...tireless continuous sacrifice without asking for a single thing...
And as his son, I should let go my ego, and appreciate his kindness..
ここで再び反省していました。

Anonymous said...

Japanese~~
translate translate

KellYg@n said...

Sinting: Nihon no okasan is my host mother in Japan. I just told her that I received her email.It is not weird that she left messages in my blog, instead I am very happy. After my work I will email to her. :)

Anonymous said...

wat a lovely dad's gal. :)
my pc cannot type japanese.. haha.. eitehr also my japanese is too bad.. know single words only.
Ganbatte! Kelly.