Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 23, 2007

Bon Odori @ Esplanade

Have been anticipated for Bon Odori at Esplanade 21 July for weeks. I have never missed any Bon Odori since I took up Japanese course. One of the reason is because I can wear Yukata. :P

This year Bon Odori I borrowed Yukata from Della because I have 'sien' abit with mine. We get ready at her house and I helped her to do her make-up. She very 放心 to let me do and luckily the outcome is GREAT!~

Around 6.30pm, we departed from the house and picked Teck Loong up. It was raining and we just hope the rain will stop when we reached there. But the rain seems become heavier and heavier. There were alot of cars parked along the road before Explanade and I prayed hard in my heart:" Wish there is parking space right in front of me".My prayer reached God and the Mamak shop owner moved the road block away. Yes!!~How lucky we are to get the parking right in front of the field.

It was still raining. We carried umbrellas and joined the crowd. We managed to get some food but it started to rain cats and dogs. No choice, we back to our car and have our food there. I was thinking:"Huh...wear so nice..takkan sit in the car eat and take some pic in car somemore..then go home meh.. -_-"..

Della and I in our Yukata

There were not much choices for the food and other than Sushi King, all other food not related to Japanese culture at all.

After a while, the rain stopped. YEAH!!~ We can take photo at the field.

Teck Loong and I

Notice my wooden sandal looked like those bought from Tesco.( Forgot to bring from Melaka). My sling bag is too fashion forward. It supposed to be a cloth-made Japanese style pouch.( I have one but is in Hometown)

Performers on Stage

I prefer the Matsushita Bon Odori in KL because there were crowd dancing along with the performers. Penang one (last year at Dato Keramat field), all just stand there and watched.

Around 10pm, there was 'Hanabi' (fireworks)..COOL!~ Luckily we stayed until the end. Next year Bon Odori..I will be in Japan. :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anybody thought you are Jap?
I like the first pic.

-sinting-

KellYg@n said...

haha..no ler..even I look Jap, but my Tesco-looked clog and sling bag revealed my identity dee..

Anonymous said...

em... i'm just wondering why...

why there is no change of programs and performances in Bon Odori?

I went once, twice, thrice. got a bit bored with 'uncreative' programs d. every yr is juz the same.