Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Climbing Mount Fuji

Every year during summer the mountain will be opened for hikers.Mount Fuji is always nice to see from far but not when you climb it. We went to Mt Fuji with Komaba dormitory residents yesterday and today then I agreed that. Yesterday, we climbed up to the middle of the mountain to a chalet around evening.

At Mt Fuji, there is no water and electricity supply that is why very thing up at there is expensive and even the toilet cost 100 yen per entry (RM3); but no one stationing there like toilet in Malaysia, it is based on trust. The place we slept makes us feel that we are like illegal workers, we are arranged closed to each other and there are two floors like double decker to put more people. A small chalet was put around 100 ++ people.

We continue to the top of the mountain the next day. After warm-up I tried to climb abit but I gave up as I felt dizzy and the weather was too bad. I didn't want to take the risk. Aesrial took me down back to the chalet while few people who decided not to climb are waiting. We went down together to a rest station.

Hinde, Shun san and I were sleeping like from 7am to 2pm while waiting for them to come back.
..........my Fuji trip was ended like that..haha..really wasting money. But the most important thing is the participation ^^. There were lotsa old man and old lady climbing the mountain where it was raining heavily. I feel that old man and old lady in Japan really boleh.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OF COURSE there is NO water/electricity up there and everything is EXPENSIVE!! DUH!! its a mountain, not a hotel!
you should've done more research and preparation before going for this trip. how much did this trip cost btw??