Thursday, December 6, 2007

Filling 虫歯

Went dental clinic to fill my decayed tooth (虫歯 in Japanese) today.


I was in total panic when I found out a hole on my tooth last week after my lunch. Made appointment with in-house clinic and I have waited for one week until today. The university dentist said my condition is serious, she recommended me to the dental clinic outside. Without any hesitation, I dashed to the clinic which is recommended by her. Japanese culture is to take off the shoes when someone enter a house, but in dental clinic, I was required to take off my shoes too...weird..

First time do tooth filling in Japan, first I took x-ray (sound serious) on my teeth and then the dentist tried to explain to me my condition now, it sounds very chronic but I can't really understand him by 100%. The conclusion is I have to fill this serious decayed tooth with the nerve removed,and next week I have to come to fill other teeth. There was LCD small TV in front of me when I was waiting for my anesthesia to take effect. It was playing Harry Potter.

I paid 30% for the treatment, around 4500 yen. The rest is bared by insurance. Another hole in my wallet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's fun to explore more about the unique of Japanese culture ....

nvm lar ....it's better to fill them now rather than they become more serious later ..spend here ..can save it from the other places ma :)